2012 Strategic Plan
Our vision is to be the leading industry voice for manufacturers, distributors and sales representatives, as well as individuals, credentialed consultants, and industry stakeholders engaged as design professionals, building code officials and facility managers. To operate as a member-centric association, one that values the insight and experience of those we serve, while sharing their passion for excellence, integrity and professionalism.
In March 2012, DHI's Board of Governors released their preferred vision of the future for the Institute and its members, comprised of five simple statements. Below each of these statements are Objectives that are also determined by the Board as the path for accomplishing our preferred futures. These Objectives denote our path for 2014-15.
By 2017 DHI.....
- Has simplified DHI’s educational program to make it more available, affordable, user-friendly and industry relevant.
- Objective—Repackage educational offerings to simplify.
- Objective—Build a process to ensure ongoing industry relevant educational content, update existing courses, and employ appropriate delivery vehicles to each target market.
- Objective—Develop and deliver micro-learning education.
- Objective—Collaborate with other sources for DHI education development/delivery.
- Objective—Build and implement a multi-channel delivery strategy.
- Has demonstrated that DHI’s certifications are relevant to the industry and its customers
- Objective—Communicate the relevance of DHI credentials to external stakeholders.
- Objective—Confirm the relevance of the current credential offerings.
- Objective—Communicate the relevance of the DHI credentials to industry members.
- Objective—Expand certifications, credentials and other recognition programs.
- Objective—Update content and methodology of existing credentialing program.
- Has clearly defined and communicated DHI’s value proposition to its members and targeted audiences
- Objective—Evolve our communications and marketing plans for the evolving value proposition.
- Has updated DHI’s membership structure to allow broader and deeper penetration and influence in our target markets
- Objective—Address the corporate/individual membership structure.
- Objective—Evaluate the viability of the current chapter structure.
- Objective—Address the changing demographics of the industry.
- Has facilitated expansion of members into parallel and/or converging markets and emerging technologies.
- Objective—Design a plan to expose the channel into parallel and/or converging markets.
The DHI brand is recognized throughout the industry for the exceptional value proposition it provides. At DHI we EDUCATE, ADVOCATE, and FACILITATE for the industry.
We EDUCATE by:
- Providing technical, industry issues, and related business management training
- Regardless of an individual’s career path and goals or position within the industry
- Whether for personal skills development or pursuit of certification
We ADVOCATE by:
- Creating demand for our industry members’ specialized expertise with construction industry stakeholders
- Monitoring and influencing related building codes and standards, and government legislation that impacts our industry and members
We FACILITATE by:
- Conducting events that bring our distribution channel members together to do business better
- Providing vehicles and opportunities for enhance communications within the distribution channel