New Online Codes Update Course!
Not just for fire door inspectors. CEP points for credentialed consultants and codes update information for everyone.
Online, Self-Paced, Anywhere, Anytime!
This course is offered through DHI’s Online Education System as a self-paced course that can be completed in the convenience of your office or home.
CE600 - 2012 Update: Fire and Egress Door Assembly Inspections
(50 DHI Technical CEP Points*)
Inspectors of swinging fire and egress door assemblies need to stay abreast of changes in the codes and standards that affect the annual inspection of these types of door assemblies. This course covers changes in:
- NFPA 80, Fire Door and Other Opening Protectives - 2010 edition
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code ® - 2009 edition
- NFPA 101, Life Safety Code ® - 2012 edition
Upon successful completion of this course, inspectors will be able to:
- Renew their Intertek Certified Fire Door Inspector certification for three years
- Join the Intertek Certified Fire Door Inspector certification program**
- Satisfy their continuing education requirement for the Intertek Certified Fire Door Inspection program. (Inspectors are required to achieve a minimum score of 80% in order to renew their Intertek certification.)
CE600 will be $250 for DHI members and $350 for non-members.
*Individuals who have earned DHI’s AHC, CDC, EHC, or AOC certifications and are participants in the DHI Continuing Education Program (CEP) earn 50 technical points toward renewing their CEP registration upon successful completion of this course.
**Only individuals who have successfully completed DHI’s DAI 600 course are eligible to join Intertek’s certification program. FDAIs who did not join Intertek’s certification program during the initial enrollment period will become eligible to become Intertek certified upon successful completion of this course..
Note: For the best online class experience, we recommend students have a high-speed Internet connection and use one of the following Web browsers: Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher; Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or higher; or Safari 4.0 or higher. Other Web browsers (e.g., Google Chrome) might also be compatible, but have not been verified.