CE1401 Codes and Standards Update
One of the most challenging yet important tasks we have in our industry is to keep current with changes that occur in the codes and standards that directly affect the door assemblies with which we work. Arguably the two most vital codes and standards concerned are NFPA 80, Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives, and NFPA 101, Life Safety Code.
This new, online self-paced course walks you through the changes in the current editions of NFPA 80 (2013) and NFPA 101 (2012) that apply to our industry. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the term Qualified Person, as defined by NFPA 80.
- Explain requirements for modifying fire door assemblies in the field in accordance with NFPA 80.
- List the occupancy types that require safety inspections of non-fire-rated egress door assemblies that are required by the 2012 edition of NFPA 101.
- Describe NFPA 101's requirements for inspection of door openings.
- Determine when Acceptance Testing of fire door assemblies is required in accordance with NFPA 80.
- Explain the level of detailed information required to document NFPA 80's safety inspections of fire door assemblies.
- Demonstrate how to look up information in NFPA 101.
To better understand the context of the changes that are covered in the lessons, portions of this course require you to complete additional reading assignments in NFPA 80 and NFPA 101. Therefore you need a copy of NFPA 80 (2013) and NFPA 101 (2012) on hand as you go through the course.
This course is intended for individuals who have a strong working knowledge of NFPA 80 and NFPA 101, as well as those individuals who have completed the COR140 - Using Codes and Standards and/or the DAI600 - Fire and Egress Door Assembly Inspection courses. It will take approximately (16) hours to complete. Certified Consultants (AHC, CDC, EHC, and AOC) earn (50) technical CEP points upon successful completion of this course, which requires a passing score of 75% on the course exam.
Price: $250 Member / $350 Non-member