Distributor Best Practices/Resources
ConsensusDOCS contracts are the first and only industry standard contracts written and endorsed by Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors, Sureties, and Designers. ConsensusDOCS offers more than 100 contract documents covering all methods of project delivery. These fair contracts utilize best practices to represent the project’s best interests. Written in a straight-forward fashion to provide clarity and assist contract administration, the general conditions and agreement are integrated into one form.
“ConsensusDOCS® provides the opportunity for the construction industry to dialogue on fair practices with respect to contractual documentation. It has been encouraging to see the growth of participation by trade and professional associations supporting this effort to advance a level playing field. As the brand of ConsensusDOCS® grows, the impact on profitability for all partners within the construction process will improve.”
Jerry S. Heppes Sr., CAE, DHI CEO
Advantages of ConsensusDOCS Contract Documents
- Help you save time and money by providing a better contractual foundation to build, written in plain English, instead of legalese;
- Encourage direct and positive communications, instead of creating contractual silos;
- Give owners an active role in the design and construction process;
- Address essential legal and insurance issues, including a “hold harmless” provision.
The advantages of using industry-accepted standard form contracts are significant. They are cost-effective, readily available in electronic format, and allow the entire office to be networked at no additional charge. The free software allows you to easily modify the documents and track changes.
ConsensusDOCS contracts are regularly updated to keep pace with changes in the law and in the industry. The comprehensive catalog addresses all major project delivery methods and provides coordinated administrative forms. ConsensusDOCS standard contracts provide an invaluable reference to accepted industry practices and customs.
Simply put, ConsensusDOCS are a better way to contract to achieve better project results.
Why ConsensusDOCS vs AIA docs
FREE Matrix Comparing Clauses in ConsensusDOCS, AIA and EJCDC Contracts
The complimentary Matrix, posted on the ConsensusDOCS website, provides comparisons of actual text from the AIA A-201 (2007), ConsensusDOCS 200 (2007) and EJCDC C700 (2007) standard contracts. More than 30 standard clauses are covered.
- Project Schedule
- Design Responsibility and Ownership/Use of Design Documents
- Change Orders, Delays and Time Extensions
- Payment – Applications, Progress and Certificates
- Differing Site Conditions
- Indemnification and Damages
- Dispute Resolution
- Substantial Completion, Contractor’s Warranty and Correction Period
- Termination and Work Suspension
- Hazardous Materials
DHI members receive a 20% discount on all ConsensusDOCS products.
Order online at the ConsensusDOCS website and use Partner Code: DHI and Promotion Code: 100.
For additional information on ConsensusDOCS’ Educational Programs or for speaker assistance, please contact Maggie Jaus at 703/837-5408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.