Who We Are
DHI is an association proudly serving door security and safety professionals, and the dynamic companies they represent, in the non-residential construction industry. Through education, advocacy, accreditation and facilitated networking, we provide members with the collective intelligence to meet the security and safety needs of their customers.
What We Do
Our vision is to be the leading industry voice for manufacturers, distributors and sales representatives, as well as individuals, credentialed consultants, and industry stakeholders engaged as design professionals, building code officials and facility managers. To operate as a member-centric association, one that values the insight and experience of those we serve, while sharing their passion for excellence, integrity and professionalism.
At DHI, we engage with our members and the industry-at-large to help you grow your business, further your career and increase your enjoyment of this diverse and dynamic industry. We want your membership experience to give you a sense of belonging to something bigger and more meaningful—an organization that you can be proud of. DHI is about continuing to honor our rich heritage while maintaining a relevant perspective, mission and attitude, with enhanced tools, insight and vision.
The DHI brand is recognized throughout the industry for the exceptional value proposition it provides:
- DHI has represented the non-residential door and hardware industry in North America and abroad for more than eight decades
- We provide members the technical knowledge and skills needed to balance life safety and security around doors and hardware
- We provide recognition of that skill set through credentialing and certification
- We produce the industry’s most prominent trade event, DHI conNextions
- We publish the informative and educational monthly magazine, Door Security + Safety
- We lead the industry’s influence in building code and standards development process
- We advocate on behalf of our members as the voice of the industry
- We embrace the strong connections we maintain with security and safety professionals across every generation and every experience level
We have been serving our members since 1975 and take great pride in our evolution as we continue to meet the needs of door security + safety professionals. Click here to review our ByLaws.
Our Vision of the Future
In March 2012, DHI's Board of Governors released their preferred vision of the future for DHI and our members, comprised of five simple statements.
By 2017 DHI:
- Has simplified DHI’s educational program to make it more available, affordable, user-friendly and industry-relevant.
- Has demonstrated that DHI’s certifications are relevant to the industry and its customers.
- Has clearly defined and communicated DHI’s value proposition to its members and targeted audiences.
- Has updated DHI’s membership structure to allow broader and deeper penetration and influence in our target markets.
- Has facilitated expansion of members into parallel and/or converging markets and emerging technologies.
DHI is not just a trade association that delivers education and certification - we are about you, our members: door security + safety professionals.
Learn more about the New Day, New DHI.