Welcome to our industry! DHI has developed a unique orientation program specifically for new door security + safety professionals.
No matter what your role in our industry, this program, which will consist of a series of videos, PowerPoint presentations, and more, will help you understand the important balance of life safety and security to building occupants and how DHI members fit into the construction industry.
You Will Learn:
- Structure of our industry (breadth and depth)
- How building codes protect lives and the environment
- How the door and hardware industry makes buildings safer and more secure
- Why you should make this industry your career
After completion of our program, we hope you understand the scope and breadth of the door and hardware industry; feel excited about the professional opportunities within the industry; and are ready to take the next step in your career, knowing that DHI is there as a resource and a partner for you.
Let’s Get Started!
The first video in this program is “Safely Securing the Built Environment through Building, Fire, and Life Safety Codes”
- What are building codes and why do they exist?
- How do we protect lives in an emergency?
- What is a means of egress?
- How do we control the spread of fire?
- Basic code principles
- High occupancy building considerations
Future materials will include videos on the history and future of the industry, a history of DHI, and more, so stay tuned! For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re not already a member of DHI, check out the other valuable resources we offer through membership.