Level Two: Intermediate Technical Competence
Last May we announced to the industry our commitment to launch a new multi-tiered credential and certification program designed to recognize technical competence at three mileposts from the beginning of and throughout your career journey as a door security + safety professional. The Level One DHIA - Door + Hardware Industry Associate
certificate program was launched in December 2016 and the response has exceeded all expectations, with nearly 1000 people earning this first level of recognition! Now we’re launching Level Two.
DHT: Door + Hardware Technician
The Level Two DHT- Door + Hardware Technician
credential is available to be awarded through our new partnership with Kryterion Global Testing Solutions. You can take the 4-hour computerized exam with immediate notification
of your test results along with feedback
on how you fared in each segment of the exam! Plus you have the option of taking the exam at one of the 900 Kryterion Testing Centers located in 120 countries, or from the convenience of your office or home computer using the Kryterion Online Proctoring service.
Thousands of industry members like you have already qualified by taking DHI education over the years, or from other education, being mentored, or good old fashioned on-the-job training and experience! Now, you just need to take the DHT exam, and for doing so, DHI is extending a special introductory offer.
Take the DHT credential exam before June 30, 2017, for the introductory price of $250 at a Kryterion Testing Center (KTC) or for $200 using the Kryterion Online Proctoring service (KOP). Starting July 1, 2017, exam prices will be $300 for the KTC and $250 for the KOP.
BUY ONLINE PROCTORED EXAM BUY ONSITE PROCTORED EXAM
By achieving this important recognition now, you’re strengthening your positon as a door security + safety professional. In recognition of achieving your DHT credential, we now want to offer you an exclusive opportunity for DHI membership.
Special Membership Offer
Now through June 30, 2017, when you buy the DHT exam at the introductory prices noted, you can join DHI as an Individual Member at half price! Now only $140, normally $285, and your membership will be good through June 30, 2018. Join today for more than a year of benefits and member pricing on additional education to further your career path, at three significant events this spring:
- Spring 2017 Technical School - April 2-9 - Lansdowne, VA
- conNextions 2017 - May 10-12 - Phoenix, AZ
- Spring 2017 Technical School – May 29-June 2 – Montreal, Canada
You’ll also have more than a year to enjoy these additional benefits:
BUY ONLINE PROCTORED EXAM AND MEMBERSHIP BUY ONSITE PROCTORED EXAM AND MEMBERSHIP
- Doors + Hardware monthly magazine plus 10-year archive of articles
- IndustryWatch bi-weekly e-newsletter
- Bi-monthly webinars and archive of previous webinars
Are you ready for your DHT credential exam?
This credential means you’ve displayed the competence to provide detailing, estimating, and project management skills on projects with an intermediate level of complexity of occupancy type, and product and code application.
- Detail and estimate accurately and cost effectively for 10 to 20-door intermediately-complex projects such as office building, medical clinic, school, etc.
- Set a PM plan for project with tasks, duration and deadlines to meet the GC schedule
- Identify and resolve basic application and code errors
- Conduct a keying meeting and document the results
- Understand basic construction contracting:
- Basic specification troubleshooting (doors and hardware)
- Contracting methods (tripartite, owner/builder, allowance)
- Schedules and sequencing, duration and deadlines
- Change order process and dispute resolution
What you need to have learned to take the exam:
- Intermediate door, frame, mechanical and electrified hardware products application
- Intermediate access control products application
- Intermediate codes and standards interpretation
- Intermediate detailing, scheduling, and estimating skills
- Project management skills for intermediate complex projects
- Intermediate specification interpretation
- Masterkeying basics
Taking the next step in your career as a door security + safety professional by taking the DHT exam and becoming a member! Any questions about this offer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 703.222.2010. Any questions about building your education path, contact email@example.com.