DHI offers several ways to take our in-person classes in your backyard, through Local education and In-House education.
In addition to our traditional classes available below, we’ve launched new Microlearning classes. These are convenient two- to four-hour classes with CEP points for a great value, delivered via local or in-house education. To learn more about DHI’s classes and educational offerings you can visit our Education Resource Guide
or contact a member of our team to discuss your education needs at email@example.com
DHI In-House education enables companies to provide DHI classes to their employees. Time away from home and out of the office will be reduced, which translates into even greater cost savings for your company. Companies can purchase the instructor and student materials for the DHI training classes noted below.
Local education enables chapters and individuals to provide DHI classes conveniently and locally. Chapters or individuals who have enough participants to host locally can purchase the instructor and student materials for the DHI training classes noted below.
List upcoming local classes being offered by DHI chapters, which anyone is welcome to attend. Just contact the chapter hosting the class.
This document will provide you with best practices and details for planning and delivering successful In-Person education. Applications must be submitted to DHI at least six weeks prior to the dates of your class.
- COR117 – Door, Frame, and Architectural Hardware Applications (32 hours)
- COR125 – Takeoff and Estimating (16 hours)
- COR133 – Electrified Architectural Hardware (40 hours)
- COR140 – Using Codes and Standards (24 hours)
- COR147 – Introduction to Specification Writing (24 hours)
- COR153 – Installation Coordination and Project Management (16 hours)
- COR160 – Material Purchasing Concepts (8 hours)
- AHC200 – Masterkeying (8 hours)
- AHC205 – Detailing Hardware (24 hours)
- CDC300 – Using Door and Frame Standards (8 hours)
- CDC305 – Detailing Doors and Frames (16 hours)
- EHC400 – Electrified Hardware Applications and Documentation (24 hours)
- CE1503 – Intermediate Electrified Access Control (3 hours)
- CE1504 – ICC Code Update Roundtable (2 or 4 hours)
- CE1505 – Managing Projects, Time, Money and Material (4 hours)
- CE1603 – Basic Masterkeying (3 hours)
For details about these courses please refer to the Education Resource Guide. If you would like support in finding a DHI-approved instructor, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become an Instructor
We are proud to say that most DHI instructors are our volunteers. Our instructors are from the industry and have dedicated their lives to the industry, as well as much of their own personal time to support others. As our students will tell you, our instructors care and make our classes and schools unique and life changing. The mentorship, technical wisdom and enjoyment from meeting other students from around the world is a special experience. If you’d like to become an instructor and give back to the industry, we welcome your application.