Fire and Egress Door Assembly Inspection
Please see the Education Resource Guide for additional reference materials needed
By selecting the 3-day DAI600 course you will attend a 3-day educational course. You will NOT take the FDAI Credentialing Exam onsite at the Technical School. You will take the Exam once you return home on a day and time that works best for you. You will receive information following the conclusion of the Technical School with instructions on making your appointment with Kryterion Global Testing Solutions.
- COR101 - Fundamentals of Architectural Doors & Hardware
- COR102 - Introduction to Building Codes
- COR117 - Door, Frame, and Architectural Hardware Applications
- COR140 - Using Codes and Standards
The DAI600 course is quite comprehensive; therefore, one must have the prerequisite knowledge contained in the courses listed above. If you have significant experience in commercial doors, frames, and door hardware, you may not need to take the former COR113 and/or COR120 courses now COR117. Because the DAI600 course is based heavily on codes, and the codes are updated every three years, we strongly suggest that COR140 be taken prior to DAI600. Otherwise, your ability to understand and retain information from DAI600 may be compromised.
Please refer to the ERG for further description.
Learning Outcome Statements:
- Upon successful completion of this class, students will:
- Be able to list inspection requirements of the 2013 edition of NFPA 80
- Be able to explain the inspector’s role and responsibilities
- Be able to conduct safety inspections of swinging fire door assemblies with builders hardware
- Be able to create inspection records and summary inspection reports
Each student will receive Inspection Guideline materials that include:
- Guide to Annual Inspections of Swinging Fire Doors
- Field Reference Digest for Inspecting Swinging Fire Doors
- Inspection mirrors
- Door gap gauges
2/11/2019 8:00 AM - 2/13/2019 5:30 PM