Students pursuing the Door Hardware Technician (DHT) designation will review material and complete in-class exercises that cover the eight segments of the DHT exam: Hardware, Doors and Frames, Electrified Hardware and Access Control, Keying, Project Management, Codes, Contract Documents, and Coordination. This five-week class, delivered once a week, will help you develop a firm understanding of what you need to know to be prepared for the DHT credentialing exam.
All classes will be conducted via Zoom. Camera and microphone capability is a must for your success in the class! Completion of DHT120 will earn you 20 CEP points.
This course will run over 5 Tuesdays, beginning on Tuesday, April 25th. All classes will run from 12:00pm until 4:00pm Eastern.
The course dates are:
April 25, 2023
May 2, 2023
May 9, 2023
May 16, 2023
May 23, 2023
Students are not required to have taken all the courses listed below, as attendees may have obtained this knowledge through other education or on the job training.
Instructors will review material from the follow intermediate level courses:
- COR103 – Understanding and Using Construction Documents
- COR117 – Door, Frame and Architectural Hardware Applications
- COR123 – Using Door, Frame, and Hardware Standards
- COR133 – Electrified Architectural Hardware
- COR140 – Using Codes & Standards
- COR146 – Introduction to Detailing Doors, Frames, and Hardware
- COR147 – Introduction to Specification Writing
- COR153 – Installation Coordination and Project Management
- COR163 – Developing Masterkey Systems
- DHC205 – Intermediate Detailing Doors, Frames, and Hardware